Basic House Rules, For Your Own & Others’
Both being a fantastic host and a considerate visitor to someone else’s home demand a certain investment of one’s time and energy. We’re discussing ways to ease our own domestic burdens and be more considerate guests.
- When visiting someone’s home for the first time, you should always bring a gift.
- Don’t remove your socks when visiting someone’s home unless you’re related to them. And if you’re hosting, shoes should be worn at all times.
- If you spend the night at someone’s house, it’s polite to inquire as to whether or not you should change the sheets. Take them to the laundry room if they agree.
- If you can combine doing something you enjoy with doing something you dislike, you will complete the task much more quickly. It’s one of my least favourite things to do, but listening to an audiobook while I clean makes the time go by quickly.
- Make sure you have clean pyjamas, makeup wipes, and a full water bottle waiting for you on your bed every time you go out for the night. A hangover feels much more severe than it actually is when you wake up in a shambles with the music still blasting and a dry mouth.